Steps to Healthier Living with Chronic Pain Self-Management Program
Designed for people who have a primary or secondary diagnosis of chronic pain.
Explore new ways to manage your symptoms. Set your own goals, make a step-by-step plan to improve your health and take charge of your life!
- Managing Symptoms and Challenges - Identify a set of problems that are common among various chronic pain conditions. Identify the Chronic Pain Symptom Cycle.
- Exercising for Strength and Flexibility -The Moving Easy Program is an enjoyable way to safely improve your flexibility.
- Taking Medications Appropriately – Identify between addiction and physical dependence, drug allergy and side effect, and the responsibilities regarding medication use.
- Evaluating Treatment Options – Working with your Health Care Professional and Health Care Organization.
- Balancing Activity and Rest – Identify negative effect of underdoing activity and of overdoing activity
- Achieving Goals – Action Planning with Pain Self-Management Tool Box, to achieve what we want or decide to do by breaking down the activity into smaller tasks.